Pages - Menu

Monday, July 2, 2012

Like A Plant - Growing



It's been quite a few days since my last post here. Life has given me a quite busy weekend. Though, never did it leave my mind that I will, yes, write about this renewed inspiration to write, to express and tell about life's touching simple details. As soon as I could take time to sit in front of my computer, I'll have to sew the thoughts, the words that will tell the simple tales I have. I've been into some failed attempts at writing, well blogging, the past few years. I'm just good at starting then but as time goes by, momentum slows down just like a bus that's going for a stop. But this time, I won't. No, not this time.

Now, I am starting again but more differently than before. I think I was and am a frustrated blogger. I was in my college years when I first heard about blogging. Although, at first, it never really attracted my interest, so different from what I am having right now. Maybe t'was all because it seems a hard thing for me to do then. It seems hard where or how to start blogging. Thinking then that someone would need to setup a website and then look for some interesting topic to blog. It was then the topic or correct me if I'm wrong - "niche", that I find so hard to choose. Maybe at that time, I have looked far from my own horizon not noticing the ones just steps away. The ones which hold the so-many-things to tell about. And so this personal blog was born.  



I'm still looking forward, as I think we all should do, but with small, careful steps.  Every once in a while, I'm looking back, reminiscing, and sometimes glancing at my both sides. I don't just leave and forget the past things, the yesterdays, just because they were done or ignore the present because they'll soon pass for they have molded a part of me. And maybe some became a part of who I am - the lessons learned made me better, stronger and wiser. Among them, are those forgotten as time goes by, those which unknowingly remained for years, those which are written to be remembered, those which are wanted to be cherished in memory and those which are wanted to be erased but just can't. 

They're all part of who I have become. The thing is that I think it's all about keeping oneself in the path. And the journey continues. But as it goes on, I realized that sometimes it's not really that "getting there" that matters but "how we get there" that colors the day. I think I don't wanna jump or even fly as I go because I might miss some wonderful things along the way.  



Like a plant.
Striving to live.
Almost withered.
Leaves fallen.
Sacrificed to fertile. 
The soil beneath.
Gained sunshine and rain.
Nourished again.
Now growing back.
Each leaf that sprouts.
Tells a new story.
Until all the leaves.
Are turned to book pages.
Or became posts like this.

For like a plant growing again.
Blogger could now also be my name.


2 comments:

  1. the best line here: "I realized that sometimes it's not really that "getting there" that matters but "how we get there" that colors the day. I think I don't wanna jump or even fly as I go because I might miss some wonderful things along the way."

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks treash!..yes, we wouldn't want to miss the fun in between and the learnings..

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis